1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? My parents are huge readers, it must have been contagious!
2. What are some books you read as a child? My mom’s old Bobbsey Twin and Nancy Drews, all of the Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary, and I loved to go to the dentists because he had “Danny and the Dinosaur” which I just bought for my stepson, for that very reason. And the Velveteen Rabbit, which was my daughter’s nursery theme and I collect the book.
3. What is your favorite genre? Non-fiction. Classics. Parenting and psychology especially.
4. Do you have a favorite novel? The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
5. Where do you usually read? On my couch in the great room, while I have my morning coffee or at night while M watches TV, in bed on a lazy day, in my car during B’s practices…everywhere really.
6. When do you usually read? Always in the morning before the kids are up, during my coffee. And often, at night with my daughter.
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? Always. Like 10.
8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction? Absolutely. I have to focus more on nonfiction, and fiction I just breeze through sort of easily.
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library? Almost always buy. I can’t part with books. I really need to though.
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them? I keep them. And need to stop.
11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child? B loved Eric Carle, and that wasn’t around when I was a kid. WE both loved The Little Mermaid and we really love Charolotte’s Web. And Harry Potter!
12. What are you reading now? Fiction-My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult, and Non-Fiction-Wine Bible, The History of a Mining Town (Lyon Mountain-research for my book), an Abby Haye’s Book with B, another wine guide, The Golden Notebook.
13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list? Yeah, but I don’t update it normally enough.
14. What’s next? Not sure, I follow whims on my reading material. I may never get through all the books I keep buying.
15. What books would you like to reread? I could read The Fountainhead and To Kill a Mockingbird, over and over, and over.
16. Who are your favorite authors? Ayn Rand,